*Huntsville MPO TAP funding applications for FY 2022 are now open until August 26th.*
In accordance with the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law/Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (BIL/IIJA), Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) funding can be used for projects such as sidewalks, trails, and streetscape improvements. There are two types of TAP funds available in Alabama:
- Funds managed by ALDOT that are available to any eligible entity anywhere in the state of Alabama, including those that are not members of an MPO.
- ALDOT accepts applications for projects up to $1,000,000 ($800,000 federal, $200,000 local match) per year for the Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP).
- Sponsors that currently have an active TAP project will not be eligible to submit another application for funding consideration until the awarded project has been authorized and let to contract. This means the City of Huntsville and Madison County are not eligible applicants for ALDOT TAP funds during this funding cycle.
- MPO members and adjacent communities who ARE eligible this year include: City of Madison, TARCOG, Town of Triana, Town of Owens Cross Roads, Town of Gurley, and Town of New Hope.
- Applications for the ALDOT FY 2023 TAP funding closed on June 30, 2022. Review the documents below for more information.
ALDOT Funds- FY 2023 TAP Guidelines
ALDOT Funds- FY 2023 TAP Application
- Funds allocated specifically to the Huntsville-MPO urban area.
- This allocation is specifically for projects within the Huntsville MPO urban area. Only MPO member governments with no active MPO TAP-funded projects can apply for this funding: City of Madison, City of Huntsville, Town of Triana, Town of Owens Cross Roads.
- Applications for the local MPO FY 2022 TAP funding are open until August 26, 2022. Review the documents below for more information.
MPO Funds- FY 2022 TAP Guidelines
MPO Funds- FY 2022 TAP Application