In accordance with the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law/Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (BIL/IIJA), Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) funding can be used for projects such as sidewalks, trails, and streetscape improvements. There are two types of TAP funds available in Alabama:
- Funds managed by ALDOT that are available to any eligible entity anywhere in the state of Alabama, including those that are not members of an MPO.
- ALDOT accepts applications for projects up to $1,000,000 ($800,000 federal, $200,000 local match) per year for the Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP).
- Sponsors that currently have an active TAP project will not be eligible to submit another application for funding consideration until the awarded project has been authorized and let to contract.
- MPO members and adjacent communities who ARE eligible this year include: City of Huntsville, City of Madison, TARCOG, Town of Triana, Town of Owens Cross Roads, and Town of New Hope.
- Applications for the ALDOT FY 2024 TAP funding are open until May 31, 2023. Review the documents below for more information.
ALDOT Funds- FY 2024 TAP Guidelines
ALDOT Funds- FY 2024 TAP Application
- Funds allocated specifically to the Huntsville MPO urban area.
- This allocation is specifically for projects within the Huntsville MPO urban area.
- Applications for the local MPO FY 2022 TAP funding closed on August 26, 2022. Review the documents below for more information.
MPO Funds- FY 2022 TAP Guidelines
MPO Funds- FY 2022 TAP Application