The Long-Range Transportation Plan is a road map of transportation projects, both funded and visionary, for the next 25 years in the Huntsville MPO study area. In order for a transportation project to get funding, it must be included in the LRTP. A new LRTP is released by the MPO staff every five years, but is amended as projects warrant.
- 2016-2019 Transportation Improvement Program
- 2020-2023 Transportation Improvement Program (DRAFT) NEW
The City of Huntsville’s plan for bicycle facilities on existing roads (bike lanes, road diets, etc.)
An emergency operations plan for the MPO.
- Greenways Plan – City of Huntsville
The City of Huntsville’s plan for greenways– dedicated bike-pedestrian trails.
- Human Services Coordinated Transportation Plan
- 2013 Public Participation Plan
- 2018 Public Participation Plan/Limited English Proficiency Plan
- Sidewalk Improvement Plan – City of Huntsville
The City of Huntsville’s plan for constructing sidewalks on city streets.
Publications and Reports
- FINAL FY 2019 Unified Planning Work Program
- DRAFT FY 2020 Unified Planning Work Program NEW
- 2018 Annual List of Obligated Projects
- Journey to Work Characteristics
- Transportation Quarterly Review
All plans and publications are in PDF format. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.